Tribute Games has revealed that Panzer Paladin will be bringing its retro-inspired platforming action to Switch on 21st July.
The game has you piloting your very own Paladin power armour to fight off giant demons and use their own weapons against them. There’s a core swordplay mechanic present throughout, and players can equip and use any weapon dropped by defeated enemies, attacking or blocking at will, in a rock-paper-scissors style weapon system.
We have a feature list for you below, and you’ll find some gameplay footage in the trailer a little further down.
– An engaging action-platformer with fun and intuitive swordplay!
– Take control of Grit, the mighty Paladin power armor, or eject and play as Flame, the small-but-swift Squire pilot!
– Robots meet demons! Crush the forces of the occult with the power of cutting-edge technology!
– Over 100 melee weapons to seize from enemies!
– Use weapons profusely: wield, throw, or shatter them!
– Snap a weapon in half to cast a powerful spell!
– Slash, bash and thrust your way through 17 mind-blowing levels located around the world!
– Carefully crafted 8-bit graphics, just like you remember them!
If you’re after your next retro fix, Panzer Paladin might just be what you’ve been looking for. We’ll have to find out when it launches later this month, of course, but feel free to share your early thoughts with us in the comments.