Aspyr has today revealed the release date for Star Wars Episode I: Racer on Nintendo Switch. The N64 classic will be playable on the go from 12th May.
As you’ll know if you played the original back in the day, the game has you taking control of a podracer speeding through various locations like flaming methane lakes, anti-gravity tunnels, and more. It’s based on the famous podracing sequence from The Phantom Menace which, let’s face it, is the coolest bit.
It’ll go on sale for $14.99 when it launches next month. Here’s a feature list:
– Twenty-five (25) playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
– Race tracks spanning eight unique worlds including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
– Players can work with pit droids to upgrade podracers for higher top speeds and acceleration
– Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
– Play single player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
In a press release, Aspyr’s vice president of publishing, Elizabeth Howard, has shared the following:
“Star Wars fans can soon go full throttle with Aspyr’s update to the classic, fan-favorite, Star Wars Episode l: Racer. The beloved game has been modernized for the most optimal gaming experience on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Star Wars fans should get ready to steer their racer to victory and leave their opponents in the dust.”
Happy to see it arriving so soon? Will you be reliving this N64 racer in all its modernised glory? Tell us below.