Launching today on Nintendo Switch is Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break, a slightly bonkers take on tower-defence from Modus Games and developers ACE Team and Giant Monkey Robot.
It’s actually described as competitive tower-defence and arcade action all rolled into one. It brings back everything we liked about its predecessor, but adds a brand new level creator to take things one step further. With this, players can design their own courses and share them with others, potentially opening the door for endless creations.
Here’s a feature list:
– Make & Break Worlds: Design and build your own levels in the easy-to-use editor and share your creations with players from all over the world for nearly limitless creative fun!
– Competitive Tower Defense: Build defenses and race to destroy your opponents’ in up to 4-player online multiplayer, or head-to-head in 2-player split-screen action.
– Boulder-Smashing Arcade Action: Crash your way through everything in your path as fast as you can in six distinct and arcadey game modes with over 20 zany boulders!
– Absurdly Funny: Take a ride on the wild side with ACE Team’s hilarious story – everyone from Caesar and Moctezuma to Krampus and the Spaghetti Monster make an appearance in an expansive campaign across history and beyond.
– Game Modes Galore: Defend your base in the new Boulder Avalanche, perfect your rolling skills in the fragile Humpty-Dumpty Mode, race the clock in Time Trials, or create your own unique gameplay with the creator for hundreds of hours of fun!
You can go ahead and grab it from the eShop for £24.99, or you can also pick up a physical copy from select retailers. We’ll have a review of this one for you as soon as we can, so feel free to keep an eye on the site if you want to read our thoughts before diving in.
Have you played past Rock of Ages games? Will you be giving this one a go? Let us know with a comment.